Flood Insurance

Gray Insurance Agency offers flood insurance through the NFIP, National Flood Insurance Program.

Flood insurance can only be purchased through an insurance agent; you cannot buy it directly from the federal government. Homes and businesses with mortgages from federally regulated or insured lenders in high-risk flood areas are required to have flood insurance. While flood insurance is not federally required if you live in a moderate-to-low risk flood area, it is still available and strongly recommended. As with any other type of insurance, it’s important to know what your policy does and doesn’t cover. For example, damage caused by a sewer backup is only covered by flood insurance if it’s a direct result of flooding. The damage is not covered if the backup is caused by some other problem.

Read More >

Comments are closed.